Assistive Technology Resources
The objective of this webinar, presented by Sara Feldman, Physical Therapist at the MDA/ALS Center of Hope, is to educate health professionals and PALS on where to begin when addressing high-tech assistive technology options and to increase their knowledge on available devices.
Making your Home a Smart Home (Sara Feldman)
Sara Feldman discusses how readily available consumer technology can be used to maintain independence in the home. Click here for the full presentation.
Written Resources and Guides
- Computer Access Options for Individuals with ALS by Sara Feldman, DPT, ATP
- Assistive Technology by Sara Feldman, DPT in R. Bedlack and H. Mitsomoto (Eds.), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Patient Care Guide for Clinicians. (pp. 151-160). New York: Demos Medical Pulbishing
- Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes by Therese Willkomm, PhD, ATP
- Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes II: Ordinary Items, Extraordinary Solutions by Therese Willkomm, PhD, ATP
Assistive Technology Suppliers
DIY Assistive Technology Guides
- Conductive Contact Switch How-To Guide by Nicholas Ross
- Instructables - Assistive Technology
- Pinterest - Assistive Technology